The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is presently seeking a creative, experienced, and highly motivated Director of Communications, Marketing, and Advanced Media.
This is an exciting and critically important time for college tennis and the ITA in the fast-paced and ever-changing worlds of higher education and intercollegiate athletics.
Director of Communications, Marketing, and Advanced Media responsibilities to include:
• Reporting directly to the ITA CEO
• Building upon a very solid existing communications foundation, working in consultation with CEO to conceive of, design, and execute a new communications, marketing, and advanced media plan
o One of the ITA’s top strategic initiatives is to “raise the profile and tell the stories of college tennis while growing the brand of the ITA”
o Integrate the new communications, marketing, advanced media plan with a new overall digital/technology strategic plan
Create and implement a plan for a “destination website” for the ITA
• Oversee the content management and visual aspects of an enhanced ITAtennis.com and any new mobile delivery channels
• Supervising both the Digital Media Manager and a possible new entry-level Communications/Marketing/Advanced Media team member (a position that the new Director may be involved with hiring).
• Serving as the ITA’s primary staff point of contact for broadcast relationships and rights agreements (e.g., working to build the new ESPN relationship).
• Bring to the job and further develop and foster contacts and relationships with major national media
• Collaborate with media and marketing contacts at ITA allied partners – including, but not limited to, Oracle Corporation, NCAA, and the USTA, USPTA, and PTR – and ITA sponsors
• Other leadership duties as assigned.
Scope of Work to include, but not be limited to:
(1) Assisting in crafting and coordinating a unified national message about college tennis and the ITA.
(2) Promoting the ITA’s Major Championships – including, but not limited to, building audiences (both in-person and through broadcast channels)
(3) Telling the major stories of the ITA and college tennis – engaging national media contacts and applying expertise to attain high-profile publication and broadcast outlet placement.
(4) Promoting the new ITA Alumni Network
(5) Increasing the profile of and growing the annual ITA Coaches Convention
(6) Promoting the ITA’s comprehensive awards program for players and coaches that honors excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship, and lifetime achievement.
(7) Facilitate the drafting, writing, editing, and disseminating of the ITA’s Thought Leadership
(8) Elevating the ITA’s communications strategy in order to increase presence and communication with university decision-makers such as college presidents and athletic directors as well as conference commissioners.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred)
• Minimum of five years of communications and marketing experience, preferably in the sports world (e.g., collegiate athletics – tennis in particular)
• Extensive experience with content management systems and digital/mobile delivery
• Experience and expertise with a variety of technology/digital platforms
• Applicant should be a long-term strategic thinker, concerned with imaginative forward-thinking brand image development; detail-oriented, possessing the ability and dedication to complete assigned projects in a timely manner; able to work in high-pressure situations, and possess good interpersonal skills as a member of #TeamITA.
• Sports background and passion for tennis are required.
• Experience with video storytelling and production
• The ITA Headquarters is in Tempe, Arizona
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Employee will be eligible for medical, dental, and life insurance benefits.
To Apply: Please send letter of interest, resume, and the contact information for a minimum of three references to: Rachel Dagen, Director of Special Projects, firstname.lastname@example.org
ITA: As the governing body of college tennis, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association is a 501(c)(3) that promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community. The ITA, which was founded in 1956, is comprised of nearly 3,000 men’s and women’s coaches representing over 1,200 institutions, administers numerous regional and national championships and the Oracle/ITA College Tennis Rankings for over 20,000 collegiate student-athletes at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior College levels. The ITA also has a comprehensive awards program for players and coaches to honor excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship. EOE. The official ITA web site is ITAtennis.com.