CARY, NC. –
It was smooth sailing in both Championships Matches today at the Cary Tennis Park, as Fiona Crawley (North Carolina) as well as Nell Miller and Amelia Rajecki (NC State) took home titles at the 2022 ITA Women’s All-American Championships.
As one of the most hard-to-beat players in all of college tennis over these past two seasons, Crawley showed her resilience and drive once again this past week, taking down numerous top-ranked opponents en-route to the ITA All-American Singles Championship.
Taking on fellow Texan, Kylie Collins (LSU), in the Championship Match, Crawley jumped out to an early lead in the first set breaking Collins serve twice before taking the set 6-3 over Collins. In the second set, it was more of the same from Crawley as she would break Collins serve on three occasions before closing out the match with a 6-3, 6-2 victory to clinch the Championship.
Crawley becomes just the second player from North Carolina to be crowned the ITA Women’s All-American Champion joining Jamie Loeb who took down Robin Anderson (UCLA) 6-4, 6-0 back in 2013.
In the doubles final, the NC State tandem of Miller and Rajecki pulled together their best performance of the main draw, winning in straight sets over Kari Miller and Jaedan Brown (Michigan) in today’s Championship Match.
For Nell Miller, this marks her second consecutive National Doubles Title as her and Jaeda Daniel won the 2022 NCAA Doubles National Championship this past May in Champaign, Illinois.
The tandem becomes the first representatives from NC State to win the ITA Women’s Doubles All-American Championship, and make it a clean two-for-two sweep of All-American Championships for the state of North Carolina.
In the consolation draws, California, Berkley’s Jessica Alsola won the Singles Draw, while the Auburn duo of Carolyn Ansari and Ariana Arseneault took the Doubles Title beating Irina Cantos Siemers and Sydni Ratliff of Ohio State in the Championship Match.
Singles Main Draw Champions:
- Fiona Crawley (North Carolina)
- Main Draw
- def Laia Conde Monfort (Tulsa) (6-1, 6-0)
- def (1) Sarah Hamner (South Carolina) (6-3, 6-4)
- def Mary Stoiana (Texas A&M) (3-6, 6-1, 6-2)
- def Carson Tanguilig (North Carolina) (6-3, 6-3)
- def Kylie Collins (LSU) (6-3, 6-2)
- Main Draw
Doubles Main Draw Champions:
- Nell Miller/Amelia Rajecki (NC State)
- Main Draw:
- def Julia Adams/Annabelle Xu (Virginia) (5-7, 7-6, 10-7)
- def Miska Kadleckova/Ange Oby Kajura (Iowa St.) (4-6, 6-2, 10-8)
- def Patricija Spaka/Domenika Turkovic (Arizona St.) (6-7, 6-2, 10-4)
- def Kari Miller/Jaedan Brown (Michigan) (6-1, 6-2)
- Main Draw: