The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, an NCAA Division III member of the Centennial Conference in women’s tennis is accepting applications from qualified candidates for a Volunteer Assistant Coach of the varsity women’s tennis team for the 2022-2023 season. This position upholds the integrity, academic profile, and mission of the women’s tennis program, Department of Athletics and Recreation, and university. The assistant coach works closely with the varsity Head Women’s Tennis coach, other coaches, the athletics administrative staff, and the broader university community to ensure the best experience possible for all student-athletes. All departmental employees are also strongly encouraged to be a conduit for the student-athletes and encourage them to engage in all available resources which enable each and every student at Johns Hopkins to thrive.
The varsity women’s tennis assistant coach’s roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- On court coaching in both practice and matches
- Player development
- Analysis of video to further develop and improve individual as well as team performances
- Pre-season, in-season and post-season player and team evaluations
- Maintain and insure compliance with the University’s policies, the Centennial Conference policies and the NCAA rules and regulations
- Transportation of team members to practice and competition venues.
- Handle other responsibilities as assigned.
• Valid driver’s license
• Collegiate playing experience
• Previous coaching experience
This is presently an unpaid position with the ability to teach private lessons for additional income.
The Johns Hopkins University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women and persons of diverse ethnic backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and at least three references to Dan Pollock, firstname.lastname@example.org with Women’s Tennis Assistant Coach Search in the subject line. A review of applications will begin immediately.