Job Title: Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach
Reports To: Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
Job Type: This is a full-time, exempt position.
The Assistant Tennis Coach is a full-time position that is responsible for assisting the head coach with all facets of the tennis program. A resume and cover letter are strongly requested. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching of players individually and as a team
- Primary Coach and Management of Developmental teams
- Recruiting student-athletes
- Match preparation
- Administrative tasks to include scheduling of competition and travel, budget, helping with speed & conditioning training, fundraising, summer camps; and other duties as assigned.
- Mentorship from the Head Tennis Coach
Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be knowledgeable of and in compliance of all NAIA, conference and university rules and regulations; must display professional integrity. Ability to speak publicly without difficulty.
- Intercollegiate competitive experience as a player
- Ability to recruit top-quality student-athletes
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to establish good rapport and working relationships with student-athletes, administration, coaching staff, university personnel, and the general public
- Coaching and administrative experience with summer camps
Typical Physical Demands:
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times each day.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
- Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Must possess a Missouri driver’s license and adhere to the WWU vehicle policy.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This is a salaried and exempt, 10-month position requiring 40+ hours per week with day, evening, or weekend work as needed.
William Woods University is an independent institution chartered by the State of Missouri with main campus facilities in Fulton, MO. It has been operating continuously since 1870, taking its current form as a coeducational university with undergraduate and graduate programs in 1993. Today, William Woods draws approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 35 states and approximately 11 foreign countries. William Woods has been ranked as a Top 100 Midwest University by U.S. News and World Report, and has been recognized for the quality and affordability of its online degree programs. With a full liberal arts curriculum, William Woods also offers a strong professional tradition, with nationally ranked programs in Equestrian Studies and American Sign Language. Its graduate education program figures strongly in the administration and leadership of Missouri’s state school system. William Woods University is governed by a self-perpetuating board of trustees, and remains committed to serving the public good by helping students link intellectual development with the responsibilities of citizenship and professional life.
William Woods University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should contact Head Coach Chance Joost at email@example.com