About the Organization
The Tennis Coalition of San Francisco (TCSF) was launched with a signature project: the Campaign for Golden Gate Park Tennis Center. In partnership with San Francisco Recreation & Parks and the San Francisco Parks Alliance, TCSF raised $27 million to build a state-of-the-art
public tennis center that is accessible to all. The Goldman Tennis Center opened in March 2021 and is an enormous success – attracting new players, hosting events, and anchoring a growing public tennis community.
About the Position
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) for TCSF will have overall responsibility for executing the organization’s mission and strategic goals.
Application and Deadline:
- Submit a resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed, and candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
- Open until filled – apply today!
Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
Leadership and Community Building
- Lead TCSF’s advocacy for public tennis facilities, programs, and support for tennis citywide.
- Grow, energize, and link the tennis community with player networks, opportunities, and events.
- Direct TCSF’s work with Goldman Tennis Center (GTC) as San Francisco’s flagship for public tennis – supporting events, programs, and community play.
- Work with the City and stakeholders to support the Tennis and Learning Center at GTC.
- Serve as TCSF’s primary spokesperson and contact with stakeholders, media, and the public and direct creation of social media, web, and marketing materials to engage the community.
- Build TCSF’s capacity by being active and visible in the tennis community and working with public agencies, business partners, donors, clubs, community organizations, and volunteers.
Fundraising and Development
- Work with the Board of Directors and TCSF’s development consultant to establish fundraising goals, strategies, and action plans and to execute TCSF’s organizational fundraising efforts.
- Conduct outreach to donors and partners, maintain relationships with donors, execute grant applications, and perform needed tracking and reporting to donors.
- Support the Board of Directors with donor outreach and track Board giving.
- Board Relationships and Governance
- Work with the Board of Directors to achieve TCSF’s near-term goals, plan for the future, establish milestones, and track progress.
- Support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, provide all information needed for the Board to conduct monthly meetings and function effectively.
Management and Operations
- Ensure the quality of TCSF’s finance and administration, and develop resources and systems to track and report on financial projections, status, and plans.
- Work with TCSF’s fiscal sponsor organization, submit and operate within an annual budget, transact business timely and accurately, and conduct financial reporting.
- Develop and seek Board of Directors approval for vendor contracts and services, manage contract negotiations, fulfillment, and payments.
- Understand and communicate the financial condition of the organization and act on any financial management issues in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Commitment to TCSF’s mission and goals, enthusiasm for the sport of tennis, and an understanding of the needs and challenges of public tennis in San Francisco. Ideal candidates would have a working knowledge of, and relationships in, the tennis community.
- Bachelor’s degree, three or more years of experience working in nonprofit or small business administration and management, and experience working with Boards of Directors.
- Experience working in appropriate-scale systems for nonprofit management, finance, communications, and membership.
- Fundraising experience, an understanding of the funding community, and donor relations skills.
- Public relations experience and success in building relationships with public agencies, business partners, and stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal skills; a persuasive communicator with appropriate experience in media, marketing, and communications.
- Reports to: Board of Directors
- Status: Part-time to full-time. Hours are flexible and negotiable. Benefits package available.
- Salary: Range $100K to $130K, negotiable depending on hours and experience.
- Preferred start date: Immediately
- Schedule: Weekdays, flexible, with occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
- Location: San Francisco. This position is eligible for remote work. Occasionally the ED will need to work at meetings and events at the Tennis Center, City Hall, and other locations.
- Additional Requirements: TCSF requires the employee to provide their own workspace, personal computer, phone, and basic software. Specialized software and training will be provided as needed. Employees will take responsibility for maintaining an effective and healthy workspace. TCSF requires the employee to assist at tennis events and meetings with occasional requirements to stand, walk, climb stairs, and lift or move up to 35 pounds.
Click the button below to see the full job description as well as to apply: