Cal Poly Women’s Tennis is seeking an assistant coach.
Under the direction of the Head Coach the assistant coach is responsible for:
- Assist with the planning, coordination and overall operation of the tennis program in accordance with all University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist with providing a competitive Division I tennis program that emphasizes integrity; supports the development, education and welfare of
- its student-athletes; and strives for athletic and academic excellence within the University’s mission.
- Effectively coach in practices and in games, demonstrating thorough knowledge of the sport of tennis and an ability to develop student-athletes to their full potential.
- Support and assist with planning, implementing and monitoring programs, initiatives and efforts designed to achieve goals for graduation and academic achievement of student-athletes.
- Maintain current knowledge of the rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletic competition, including the rules and regulations of
- the NCAA and the Big West Conference, and maintain compliance therewith at all times.
- Assist with organizing and conducting practices.
- Assist with organizing and implementing a comprehensive recruiting plan.
- Assist with monitoring annual operational and recruiting budgets.
- Assist with travel planning and logistics.
- Assist with developing and implementing promotional and fundraising activities.
- Assist in developing community and alumni support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of one year tennis coaching
- NCAA playing experience
- Collegiate level coaching experience
Salary range: Up to $49,300
Applications and resumes can be submitted to: https://jobs.calpoly.edu/en-us/job/513347/assistant-coach-pool