Located in the historic community of http://www.wallawalla.org/, Whitman’s vibrant and beautiful tree-lined campus is home to an intellectually diverse, dynamic, welcoming and supportive community of some 500 staff and faculty serving approximately 1,500
students from the local region and across the globe. With exceptional students, accomplished faculty and staff, and a fiercely loyal and growing number of engaged alumni, Whitman College continues to build on its national reputation for academic excellence as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the country. http://whitman.edu/ is cultivating a community built on inclusion and belonging. We recognize the value of those who can offer historically underrepresented perspectives and encourage applications from those whose background, knowledge, and insights from lived experience can add to the college’s working and learning environment. Whitman College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (EEO).
Assist the head coach with all aspects of the women’s tennis program.
- Duties including assisting the head coach:
- In all aspects of coaching
- Practice and game preparation
- Recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Travel planning
- Complete other administrative duties assigned by the head coach.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and the ability to identify and recruit qualified student-athletes, including the ability to communicate effectively with recruits, parents, and coaches.
- Outstanding skill instruction, strong playing background, and the ability to motivate players in both a practice setting and competitive games.
- Must be highly motivated and respectful.
- Have the ability to work both independently and in team settings
- Excellent organizational.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have sound decision-making ability in all aspects of the women’s tennis program.
- Appreciation for the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly selective academic environment, and the desire to help student-athletes strive for balance in that rigorous setting.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
Coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level or similar high-performance tennis experience.
https://www.whitman.edu/human-resources/benefits/retirement with a 10% matching contribution after https://www.whitman.edu/human-resources/benefits/retirement are met.
Paid Time Off: vacation and sick accrual based on hours worked.
Learn more about part-time benefits eligibility https://www.whitman.edu/human-resources/benefits.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR JOB CANDIDATES
Contact Human Resources regarding requests for disability accommodation in the employment application process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning June 5, 2023 until the position is filled.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://apptrkr.com/4246143