- TITLE: Part-time Assistant Tennis Coach
- CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff
- DEPARTMENT: Athletics & Recreation
- FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
- SYSTEM JOB TITLE: Assistant Coach
- SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Head Tennis Coach and Athletic Director as appropriate
- SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Student athletes as appropriate
POSITION SUMMARY: The Part-time Assistant Tennis Coach is responsible to support the efforts in conducting a representative program in the sport. Duties specified below will be the specific responsibilities for which the Assistant Tennis Coach will be paid. To provide the
Assistant Tennis Coach with additional opportunity for involvement and professional growth, a variety of other activities (for example, recruiting, team meetings, scouting, etc.) will be offered to the Assistant Tennis Coach for participation on a voluntary basis. If an Assistant Tennis Coach elects to participate in any additional activities on behalf of the individual sport or the Athletic Department, it is with the understanding that these are strictly voluntary actions that will not result in additional compensable hours.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Assist Head Tennis Coach with practice organization, game planning, and game day coaching.
● Assist Head Tennis Coach with all phases of recruiting: identifying and attracting prospects to Moravian University, evaluating prospects through film and school visits.
● Assist with scheduling of prospect campus visits, and home visits.
● Assist with assisting in the development of student-athletes by advising, educating and motivating.
● Help Head Tennis Coach with team building and character development of student-athletes.
● Assist with administrative duties including: academic supervision of team members, travel arrangements for away games, recruiting data and other duties as assigned.
● Help lead Head Tennis Coach with other coaching, recruiting and/or administrative responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the head coach.
● Performs other duties and special projects that may be assigned.
● Education: A Bachelor’s degree and related professional experience, or a combination of experiences leading to similar qualification, required.
● Experience: Coaching at the intercollegiate level preferred; related coaching experience in other areas/levels considered (directly related personal experience or college courses may be substituted equally for up to one year’s experience); or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential to deal with all constituencies within and outside of the University community including but not limited to students, parents, staff, and faculty.
● Flexibility of time necessary to make commitment to varying time needs of the position.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking “Apply Now”. Please attach documents as a PDF file.
Link to our DEI Action Plan: https://www.moravian.edu/dei-action-plan
Deep respect for others is fundamental to the Moravian University community. Moravian University does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student, or applicant for admission on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, marital status, citizenship status, veteran/military status, disability status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Concerns regarding all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment and/or sex discrimination in employment:
Leah M. Naso
Dean for Compliance, Training & Development (Title IX Coordinator)
1309 Main St. 2nd Floor
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding gender and equity in athletics:
Associate Athletic Director (Deputy Title IX Coordinator)
109 Johnston Hall
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding the application of Title IX:
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
100 Penn Square East, Suite 515
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3323
Report sexual harassment/sex discrimination online anytime (can be anonymous) at www.moravian.edu/titleix. Grievance procedures can be found in the institutional Equal Opportunity, Harassment, and Non-Discrimination Policy at www.moravian.edu/policy.
Please visit moravian.edu/benefits to review benefits offered at Moravian University.*
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
The individual is routinely exposed to indoor conditions and outdoor weather and temperature extremes, and moderate noise level.
Pursuant to the ADA, Moravian University will provide reasonable accommodation(s) to employees with qualified disabilities in order to perform the essential functions of their position, except when doing so would cause an undue hardship for the University.
Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis through documentation review and an interactive process that includes the employee’s supervisor. Requests for accommodation or questions about this process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.861.1527. View the standard physical demands for positions at Moravian University. If this position requires additional or different demands, a Human Resources team member will notify you.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Please visit this link to review the benefit eligibility status associated with this position.