- Provide an overall positive educational environment for our student-athletes conducive to learning, athletic development, social growth, and preparing them for life beyond college.
- Assist in the administration of the entire program; including recruiting, assisting with daily practices, game responsibilities and alumni relations.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of NCAA Division 2, Lone Star Conference and institutional rules and conduct the program within the regulations.
- As a staff member within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, you are responsible for knowledge of and compliance with National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) regulations, both those general in nature and those which apply directly to your position’s responsibilities. Strict adherence to all applicable governing policies, procedures, and regulations of the NCAA is required and is a condition of your employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Ability to demonstrate tennis skills, game and training strategies plus teaching progressions. .
- Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms.
- Successful competitive experience in men’s or women’s tennis at the intercollegiate level.
- Racket stringing experience.
Start date is January 8, 2024.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume containing their interest and experience to: Bill Macom, Director of Tennis, firstname.lastname@example.org and candidates must be admitted into a Master’s program at St. Mary’s University (San Antonio, Texas).