Description of University
Appalachian State University, in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, prepares students to lead purposeful lives as global citizens who understand and engage their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The transformational Appalachian experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and embrace diversity and difference. As one of 17 campuses in the University of North Carolina system, Appalachian enrolls more than 20,000 students, has a low student-to-faculty ratio and offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors.
Position Summary Information
- Bachelor’s degree and coaching or competing experience at the collegiate level required.
- At least 3 years of collegiate coaching experience required.
- Must be proficient with computers and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as they apply to recruitment and player eligibility.
- NCAA Division I head or assistant coaching experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Head Women’s Tennis Coach is responsible for the development and management of a Division I women’s tennis program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University, Sun Belt Conference and the NCAA. This position reports directly to the Senior Associate Athletic Director and works within the Department of Athletics and corresponds with parents, recruits, visiting teams and community members
- instructs the women’s tennis programs on assigned fundamentals and skills necessary for a successful program and oversees all facets of the Tennis Program.
- oversees the women’s tennis program in areas of coaching technical and tactical aspects of the sport, student-athlete recruitment and retention, organization and administration.
- manages a budget and oversees assistant coaches.
- coaching practices and matches.
- Other duties as assigned.
The athletic program at Appalachian State University operates on the premise that intercollegiate athletics is an integral part of the institution’s overall program of education. Priority is given to high standards of both academic and athletic quality — the goal being the complete development of the student-athlete.
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest