Provide support to the head coach in all aspects of the program. Coach and mentor student-athletes in support of their growth as a student-athlete and member of the Middlebury College community.
This is a full time, salaried, benefits eligible role with a hiring range of $38,750-47,500
- Coach the technical and tactical aspects of tennis in practices and competitions.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes within the rules and regulations of Middlebury, NESCAC and the NCAA.
- Assist the head coach in preparing for daily practice including but not limited to developing daily practice plans.
- Assist the head coach in preparing for competition including but not limited to scouting of opponents and developing scouting reports.
- Assist the head coach with the administration of the program including but not limited to travel plans, equipment purchasing, and budgeting.
- Mentor and provide support for student-athletes in support of their development in the sport as well as in their academics and personal development.
- Assist the head coach in developing and delivering programming relative to student-athlete development including but not limited to mental health, DEI, leadership, sexual violence prevention, and hazing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach or Director of Athletics in support of the program or department. This may include event management, strength and conditioning or teaching required classes in Physical Education.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience playing and coaching at the collegiate level preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of constituents through strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Excels in organizational skills, computer skills, and able to prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Works effectively within a diverse department and team as well as independently.
- Must maintain appropriate certifications in CPR/AED/First Aid and must complete the annual NCAA Division III Rules Test.
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license and if requested a college vehicle license.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Long and irregular hours, including early morning, nights and weekends.
- Long hours in practice that may demand physical exertion and moving around the practice and competition venues.
- May participate as a tennis playing partner in practice.
- Extensive travel for recruiting and competitions.
As an employee of Middlebury College, you will enjoy being part of a vibrant supportive community.
- Middlebury Colleges offers its employees excellent compensation and competitive health, dental, life, disability, generous retirement matching, and vision benefits, Middlebury offers a generous time-away program – up to 34 days per year during the first two years of service, increasing as the term of service lengthens. Middlebury employees are eligible for robust educational assistance programs as well as free or reduced rates for cultural events and use of sporting facilities (including the College’s golf course and Nordic and alpine ski area). The result is a very high quality-of-life in a gorgeous setting.
- Middlebury Colleges offers its employees excellent compensation and other perks of employment including:
- MiddCard Privileges: access to athletic facilities, discounts at the College store, library privileges, and discounts at cultural and sporting events. In addition, the card allows door access to certain campus buildings. Spouses or domestic partners of benefits-eligible employees are eligible to receive a Spouse/Partner card with the same privileges as the employee card (except door access).
- Discounts on season passes at Middlebury College Snow Bowl, the Ralph Myhre Golf Course and the Rikert Ski Touring Center.
- Access to our Partner Inclusion Program that provides comprehensive support services to the spouses and partners of Middlebury employees.
- A full listing of our benefit offerings can be found on our website by following this web link: https://www.middlebury.edu/office/human-resources/…
- Or click see some of the other fun perks of working at Middlebury, whether in Vermont or Monterey!