Assist with coaching duties for the Intercollegiate Men’s Tennis Team, operating under NCAA Bylaws. Assist Head Coach with all aspects of recruitment and training for athletic competition and monitors academic achievement of student players.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual team practices, training, and competition.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of potential student-athletes for the Tennis program, in accordance with NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Monitor academic achievements and maintain close communication with athletic advisors.
- Arrange travel plans for the program.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment and clothing.
Bachelor’s degree with 2 to 3 years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of students.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the specified sports program.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Ability to lead and guide Division I student-athletes in area of specialty.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to work long hours.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Frequent externally imposed deadlines set and revised beyond one’s control; interruptions influence priorities; difficult to anticipate nature or volume of work with certainty beyond a few days; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to position; involves conflict-resolution or similar interactions involving emotional issues or stress on a regular basis.
- Requires working in extreme weather conditions, both cold and hot temperatures.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods.
- Job requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
- Job requires stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Mississippi State University is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications
from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.