Responsible for assisting the Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach with all aspects of its Division I Tennis Program (10 Month Position).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include assisting the Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach with the following:
- Development and implementation of daily team practices as well as conduct individual practice sessions with student-athletes when needed.
- Travel to and provide on-court coaching for matches and tournaments during the program’s competitive Fall and Spring seasons.
- Assist head coach in recruiting Division I caliber student-athletes to the university. Duties may include in-person evaluation of prospects as well as email and telephone correspondence. Work collaboratively with the admissions office in the recruitment of these tennis prospects.
- Perform administrative duties as directed by the head coach and work effectively with staff members in the areas of compliance, equipment, athletic communications, athletic development and internal/external operations.
- Assist head coach in organizing team and coach travel, compliance paperwork and other administrative responsibilities.
- Comply with all NCAA, Northeast Conference and SHU rules and policies.
- Serve as a role model and advisor for student-athletes in a general capacity. Connect student-athletes to necessary resources within and outside of SHU athletics as needed. Provide a support system to all student-athletes on the team.
Working Conditions: Nights, Weekends
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or college/professional level tennis playing experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adherence to University and NCAA policies and guidelines.
- Valid US driver’s license with clean driving record.
Visit our website to apply online and submit a resume and cover letter by clicking below: