Date Job Description Written: 05/16/23
Supervisor: Head Coach, Women’s Tennis
Founded in 1898, DePaul University is the largest Catholic University in the nation. DePaul University competes at the NCAA Division I level and is a member of the BIG EAST Conference, sponsoring 15 sports. As a member of the DePaul Athletics Department, this role will serve as Assistant Coach for the Women’s Tennis team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the evaluation, recruitment, preparation, and development of all student-athletes. Assist the Head Coach with NCAA Compliance documentation, Teamworks data entry and logs, and ensuring adherence to NCAA rules. (50%)
- Assist with budget, travel, equipment purchases, and expense reports in conjunction with the business office. (20%)
- Assist with monitoring and encouraging the academic success of student-athletes in conjunction with academic advising (10%)
- Assist with team scheduling. Organize and run special events. (10%)
- Assist with Alumni relations and support organizations of DePaul University. (5%)
- Knowledge of and adherence to DePaul University, BIG EAST Conference, and NCAA compliance policies and procedures. Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance meetings. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be enrolled full-time in a graduate program at DePaul University.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Encompass the ability to work independently and/or remotely, with limited supervision, and make professional decisions.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Supervise 8-12 student-athletes and volunteer coaches, when applicable.
- In order to avoid potential conflicts of interest, applicants may not work (paid or unpaid) for national, local, or University media outlets or entities.
- A prior working knowledge of NCAA, BIG EAST Conference, and University rules and regulations as they apply to intercollegiate athletics are preferred.
- Playing and/or coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level.
Hour Requirements / Schedule:
- Approximately 20 hours per week, including evenings, weekends, and university holiday breaks. Work is unable to be conducted fully remotely and will have essential in-person responsibilities.
If interested in applying, applicants should reach out to Head Coach Marisa Arce (MARCE6@depaul.edu) with a cover letter and references.