Function: Assist the Head Men’s Tennis Coach in the daily management of the Men’s Tennis Program.
Scope: Responsible for assisting in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes, assisting with on-court coaching, serving as a community relations liaison for the Men’s Tennis Program to public and assisting with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assist in recruiting quality student-athletes.
- Assist in conducting practice sessions and be present during strength and conditioning sessions.
- Assist in establishing training rules for student-athletes and keeping them informed of acceptable standards of conduct.
- Perform game-day management duties.
- Assist with developing game schedules and equipment purchases that will allow the men’s tennis teams to stay within their approved budgets.
- Assist in monitoring satisfactory academic progress of student-athletes.
- Be knowledgeable of and adherence to NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Monitor the compliance to NCAA and Conference rules and policies by student athletes.
- Responsible for the execution of effective systems of internal control which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Represent UTSA at American Athletic Conference and national meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Specific knowledge in the sport of men’s tennis and knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, State of Texas, UTSA and Conference USA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion and flexibility.
- Criminal Background Check.
- Member of United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA).
- Member of United States Tennis Association (USTA).
- Three years of experience as a men’s tennis student-athlete or coach.
- Connections with Clubs and Pro’s in Town.
- Knowledge of local clubs and local professional tennis players.
- Five years of experience as a men’s tennis coach in a university setting.
- Experience playing tennis on the professional circuit.
Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office, and standard office equipment. Stringing Machines. Knowledge of Rackets, ordering proper shoes & clothing.
Physical activity in the sport of Men’s Tennis, weekend and evening hours and travel required.
General supervision from the Head Tennis Coach.
Proficiency in all assigned duties.
Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification may render the position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of section 51.215 Texas Education Code.
Within the scope of position duties, responsible for seeing that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, reliable financial data is maintained, and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are complied with.