Hawai‘i Pacific University is designated as an Alaskan Native and Native Hawaiian (ANNH) Serving Institution by the US Department of Education. As such, we strive for accurate displays of the Hawaiian language in all our institutional materials. This includes the appropriate use of diacritical marks such as the ‘okina and kahako. Unfortunately, at times external vendors and other third-party technology integrations do not support the use of these characters. Mahalo for your understanding.
The duties for the Head Coach for Women’s Tennis will include, but are not limited to, recruiting, scheduling, budgeting, travel, practice plans and training, strength and conditioning programming, community service, video analysis, social media, NCAA rules and regulations, and any other duties assigned by the AD.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must understand value of four-year college experience
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules
- Previous college tennis coaching experience
- College playing experience preferred
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship and relocation allowance is not available for this position.
- Report to work obligations to support the department and may require work during HPU’s winter break, if necessary.
- Must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with the Protection of Minors policy.
- Upon hire, candidate must have reliable personal transportation to facilitate travel between to all HPU worksites and other locations as required by the position. This includes a valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle that is legally registered and insured.
- This position may also require driving responsibility for an HPU vehicle. Due to driving responsibilities, you must meet training and background check qualifications and comply with HPU’s Vehicle Driving policy.
- Able to work all shifts and extended hours.
- Successful candidate will be able to work in an environment that utilize excellent time and stress management skills.
- Regular, reliable, non-disruptive attendance is essential for this position as is the ability to create and maintain collegial harmonious working relationships with others.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
1. Practices & Competition (40 %)
- Attend and be engaged at all practices & competition.
- Work within community to schedule and reserve tennis practice and matches.
2. Recruiting (25 %)
- Recruit players that fit the HPU vision and mission.
- Recruit the best local athletes to HPU teams.
3. Travel (20 %)
- Plan travel according to HPU Athletics guidelines and follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the HPU Athletics manual.
- Put together travel plans/itinerary.
4. Other coaching duties (15 %)
- Compliance software data entry.
- Game analysis & discussion.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned (5%)
- Actively participates as an effective member of team by completing assigned duties, accepting additional assignments or reassignments.
- Assist with HPU activities and events as needed.
- Assists with seasonal peaks.
This description is not designed to list all activities, duties or responsibilities which may be required for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned at any time.
Hawai’i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or any other protected class covered by state and federal law. Hawai’i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.