Title: Head Tennis Coach
Reports to: Executive Director of Athletics
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
Characteristics of Job:
The responsibilities of the Head Tennis Coach are to conduct all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Tennis program within the philosophy and guidelines set forth by Union College, the NAIA, and the Appalachian Athletic Conference. The expectations of the head coach include but are not limited to: commitment to the mission of Union College, meeting the established recruiting and retention goals set by the institution, scheduling and conducting of practices, budget oversight, travel planning, fund raising, and completion of other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet the assigned recruiting goals for each year.
- Recruit and maintain the assigned roster size for each year. Recruiting is art of attracting, engaging, assessing, and onboarding talent for the Tennis program.
- Monitor the academic progress of student athletes in the Tennis program.
- Budget oversight for the Tennis program.
- Comply with all policies of Union College and the Department of Athletics.
- Retain and graduate a satisfactory number of recruited student athletes.
- Monitor the social behavior of all coaches and student-athletes in the Tennis program.
- Implement team and individual practices/development programs.
- Provide a program that is complimentary to the mission of Union College.
- Perform all travel associated with student-athlete recruiting and day-to-day operation of the Tennis program.
- Assist the Director of Sports Communications with marketing and promotions materials.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics.
- Participate in community and campus life opportunities.
- Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 3-5 years of tennis coaching experience; Head or Assistant coaching experience at collegiate level preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of NAIA rules, the Appalachian Athletic Conference and a commitment to the academic development of student-athletes required.
- Background check required
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and list of references with phone numbers to:
Executive Director of Athletics
310 College Street CPO Box D-22
Barbourville, KY 40906
Email applications are welcome and should be sent to email@example.com.
Union College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.