Job Description: Senior Tennis Coach, East Campus, Washington Tennis and Education Foundation
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Tennis
About Washington Tennis and Education Foundation: WTEF’s mission is to build life champions. We give youth a safe environment they trust, and where they can excel. We empower them to achieve their highest potential by developing meaningful values and critical skills that lead them to life-long success. We do this through a pathway of continual academic, life skills, and tennis instruction during after-school and summer camp hours.
1. Develop and assist with implementation of a comprehensive Junior Development Pathway for WTEF East Campus
2. Coach all levels and ages (Juniors and Adults)
3. Assist and Lead the implementation of all tennis tournaments, team competition and social events, and help initiate and promote tennis activities for the community.
- Lead a clinic, court, Junior Team Tennis program
- Manage a designated staff of coaches and counselors
- Support the fulfillment of USTA tournaments held at WTEF East Campus.
- Understands the use and benefits of programs and activities
- Plugs participants into the right on court levels by assessing player ability
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, training workshops and any club specific meetings when required.
- Coordinate courts and class rosters to ensure all levels of play are grouped together appropriately.
- Coordinate class rosters, make up dates for class participants.
- Assist in socials.
- Participate in and coordinate special camps
- Support the development of new and existing programs
- Acts as a brand ambassador by communicating and demonstrating the value and benefits of our products and services of WTEF
- Maintain court and equipment appearances.
- Work with other department heads to maximize on potential.
- Oversee, promote and engage in administration of program sign-ups.
- Support, promote and enforce all WTEF rules and regulations as a staff member, including wearing proper attire and promoting proper etiquette.
- Keep required stats and records.
- Reflect positively on your staff and WTEF at all times.
- Hold administrative hours that are consistent and approved by Director of Tennis
The ideal candidate possess the following skills and experiences:
- 5+ years of coaching experience
- USPTA/USPTR Certification
- Ability to coach 8U, 10U, 12-14U, JTT
- Private, Semi Private and small group teaching experience
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, ability to build relationships and resolve conflicts,
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective teaching styles and techniques
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, as well as other soft-wear programs provided at the Club.
- Must be familiar with the use of email and cell phone use, including texting and apps.
- CPR/AED and First aid certification
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline to apply is Friday, September 22, 2023.