Responsible for assisting the Head Coach in organizing and managing all phases of a Division III Tennis program, including recruiting, team travel, strength & conditioning, student-athlete academic monitoring, public speaking, competition scheduling, budget management, and community/donor relations.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and overall operation of the tennis program in accordance with all University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist with providing a competitive Division III tennis program that emphasizes integrity; supports the development, education, and welfare of its student-athletes; and strives for athletic and academic excellence within the University’s mission.
- Effectively coach, organize, and conduct practice and competition, demonstrating thorough knowledge of the sport of tennis and an ability to develop student-athletes to their full potential.
- Assist head coach with managing the operating budget for the tennis programs, successful recruitment of potential tennis student-athletes, and fundraising activities.
- Travel to and provide on-court coaching for matches and tournaments during the program’s competitive Fall and Spring seasons.
- Perform administrative duties as directed by the head coach and work effectively with staff members in the areas of compliance, equipment, athletic communications, athletic development and internal/external operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Valid US driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Master’s degree
- NCAA playing experience.
- At least one year of Collegiate level coaching experience.
- Member of United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA).
- Member of United States Tennis Association (USTA).
Pay Range/Term Part-time with a stipend ($1,000-$9,300) over 10 months (August 1st to May 31st).
Application Process: Qualified applicants must submit the following materials: current cover letter, current resume, name, and contact information for three professional references.
Please submit these materials to Head Coach, Michael Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org