Dragons Defeat Pride, Win Third Straight
LEXINGTON, Ohio – Tiffin men’s tennis won their third match in a row and improved to 3-1 in the spring season with a 6-1 victory over Purdue Northwest on Sunday afternoon.
Nikita Parfenov and Toby Cutting each won both their singles and doubles matches on the day, as Parfenov dispatched his opponent 6-1, 6-2 at No. 2 and Cutting won 6-4, 6-3 at No. 4 before the pair teamed up to take a 6-1 victory at No. 2 doubles.
Hugo Chatras won his only match of the day, coming out on top 6-4, 6-0 at No. 6 singles.
Other singles winners were Tom Arias at No. 5 and Sorin Navrotchi at No. 3, while Austin Mohamedali and Santiago de la Rosa Mora secured the doubles point with a win at No. 3 doubles.
Visit Tiffin men’s tennis.
More NCAA D2 Men’s Tennis Updates
- Eagles Too Much for Cavaliers, 6-1
- Men’s Tennis Defeats Limestone; 4-1
- Charger Men Knock Off 22nd-Ranked Ferris State
- Straight wins across the board for the Eagles as they take down Virginia-Wise
- Augusta Beats Barton To Highlight Play At Francis Marion Tournament
- Northwood Timberwolves Tennis Defeats Illinois Springfield 4-2
- Tusculum University Pioneers blank Virginia-Wise 7-0 in home opener
- Mars Hill sweeps Pfeiffer at home
- Concordia College New York Men’s Tennis Opens Home Schedule With 6-0 Victory Over St. Francis Brooklyn
- Tiffin Dragons Take Down Indiana Tech Warriors
- Lees-McRae College Bobcats shut out Warren Wilson at home on Saturday
- Hillsdale Stays Unbeaten in Men’s Tennis With Win Over Purdue-Northwest
- Doubles Sweep Leads Belmont Abbey to 5-2 Win over Catawba
- Belmont Abbey Edge Out Anderson University Trojans; 4-3
- Francis Marion University Patriot Men open season with 4-0 win over Barton College Bulldogs
- No. 3 Lynn University Men’s Tennis Opens 2019 Home Slate with 6-1 Win over Keiser University Seahawks