The Head Women’s Tennis Coach will direct all aspects of the administration of the Campbell University Division I Women’s Tennis program. Execution of proper departmental policy and procedure required. Compliance with NCAA and Big South regulations mandatory. Hire and supervise assistant staff and support personnel.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct practice, team competition, and game scheduling.
- Recruit and retain student-athletes that will advance the competitive and academic success of the Division I program.
- Oversee, maintain, and provide structured managerial techniques and consistent communication with team and department.
- Prepare budget recommendations and manage operating budget within the Policies and Procedures of the University.
- Represent Campbell University and the sport program at community and fundraising events.
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity and the ability to work with the Christian mission of Campbell University.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Preferred
- At least 5+ years of college coaching experience with proven recruiting at the NCAA Division I level preferred.
- Experience competing as a NCAA Division I athlete preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of ARMS and Teamworks or similar software systems.
- Communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and attention to detail are essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy and discretion in dealing with trustees, faculty, staff, students, high-level university officials and the public.
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people.
- Exercise independent judgment in complex and new situations.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects, and meet strict deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and willing to work in a changing environment. Broad knowledge of Campbell University policies and procedures and FERPA guidelines
**All candidates are required to apply through the Campbell University website: www.campbell.edu