The University of Saint Katherine is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach in the Department of Athletics.The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the tennis programs and working to assist the Head Coach in performing all duties in compliance with all NAIA, CALPAC/GSAC, and University of Saint Katherine rules and regulations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
- Assist in meeting annual recruitment goals established by the Director of Athletics and Head Coach.
- Assist the head coach in planning and executing prospective student-athlete visits to campus and with off-campus contacts with prospective student-athletes.
- Assist head coach in generating and responding to prospective student-athlete contacts generated throughout the year.
- Utilize a variety of communication platforms to recruit prospective student-athletes (e.g., phone calls; texts; social media; emails; etc.).
- Attend practices and/or games of recruits on a regular basis.
- Prepare travel rosters 48 hours in advance of travel
- Assist in preparation of practice and individual lesson plans
- Be a presence in the office and available to assist player needs.
- Assist head coach with daily practice plan.
- Assist with all practice and game day set up.
- Teach breakdown drills providing individual player attention and more repetitions per player.
- Assist in planning and oversight of strength and conditioning sessions and individual workouts in season.
Game Day Responsibilities
- Assist head coach in game planning.
- Perform post-game duties including, but not limited to, arranging team meal(s), securing statistics; and communicating with the Sports Marketing and Communications Office.
- Be knowledgeable and able to assume head coaching responsibilities in case the head coach is unable to perform his or her duties.
- Be responsive and timely with all requests from departmental support staff (administrative leadership; athletic trainer(s); etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Experience & Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous collegiate coaching or playing experience and/or success as a head coach at the high school level.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership and a commitment to, and understanding and appreciation of, NAIA athletics and wellness in a private liberal arts university.
- A current and valid driver’s license is required.