Are you looking for an exceptional opportunity to work in a unique environment teaching tennis? Would you like to accelerate your learning curve for advancement in the industry? Sportsplex is under new ownership, and the owners are from the tennis industry. As life-long tennis professionals, we are very familiar with the lack of respect, lack of advancement, and lack of inspiration in many facilities. We believe that this is a great profession, and at Sportsplex, we are committed to equipping and inspiring our tennis professionals to be their very best.
Sportsplex is Orange County, New York’s premier multi-sports health club, located in the heart of the Hudson Valley. This is an exciting time to get on board with a new leadership team casting a fresh and exciting vision for the future. Sportsplex is looking for a tennis pro who lives and breathes tennis, and wants to work alongside like-minded professionals. If you are someone with high energy, enthusiasm, and enjoys teaching students of all ages, this may be the right position for you.
- Teaching on court 25-35 hours a week (depending on ability).
- Book all adult and own clientele lessons.
- Keep accurate payroll for self.
- Maintain timely email and phone communication.
- Ongoing professional development and education.
- Share in the duties of running socials, tournaments, and mini-camps.
- Maintain club cleanliness, take care of equipment; understand Sportsplex service commitment to members and co-workers.
- Attend all tennis staff meetings and participate in ‘all team’ meetings.
- Teach all clientele at Sportsplex and work a minimum of one weekend day.
- USPTA Certified or PTR Certified
- Minimum 4.5 rating
- NetGen Certified and approved
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience
- Current in CPR/AED Certification
Compensation and Benefits
Base stipend for administrative duties & club programs with potential for growth. Incentive-based commission for private/private group lessons. Health and dental available. Annual USPTA or PTR dues paid by Sportsplex