· Provide an overall positive educational environment for our student-athletes conducive to learning, athletic development, social growth, and preparing them for life beyond college (35%).
· Assist in the administration of the entire program; including recruiting, assisting with daily practices, game responsibilities and alumni relations (30%).
· Be responsible for the development, safety and conduct of the team (15%).
· Assist in the supervision, in conjunction with the athletic tutoring and advising program, the total academic progress of the team (10%).
· Have a thorough knowledge of NCAA, conference and institutional rules and conduct the program within the regulations. (5%)
· As a staff member within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, you are responsible for knowledge of and compliance with National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) regulations, both those general in nature and those which apply directly to your position’s responsibilities. Strict adherence to all applicable governing policies, procedures, and regulations of the NCAA is required and is a condition of your employment. (5%)
· Perform both direct and indirect public relations functions including promotion, fund raising, and community instruction through camps and/or clinics.
· Cash handling responsibilities – $5,000 – $10,000 annually.
· Assist with departmental needs as requested.
· When practical under the circumstances, intercollegiate athletic staff are encouraged to voluntarily attend all athletic events to promote audience participation and support for NIU team efforts.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Ability to demonstrate tennis skills, game and training strategies plus teaching progressions. .
· Ability to communicate with and relate well to female student-athletes. .
· Ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes including knowledge of junior clubs and high school programs. .
· Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms. .
· Successful competitive experience in women’s tennis at the intercollegiate level. .
Job is 20 hours per week.
Start date is January 6, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume containing their interest and experience to: Eric Burns, Head Women’s Tennis Coach, at (email@example.com).