Brown University invites applicants for an Assistant Coach, Women’s Tennis. This 10-month position (typical work schedule mid-August through mid-June) assists the Head Coach in all phases of the Women’s Tennis Program. This includes coaching and assisting in recruiting and administrative duties such as coordinating training and travel schedules and completing compliance information. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumnae and friends groups. This position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nation’s top tennis players to our Division I non-scholarship program.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- One to three years coaching experience with a competitive club, high school or collegiate program; Prior collegiate coaching experience preferred (and/or a combination of coaching & competitive playing experience).
- Competitive collegiate and/or professional playing experience, preferred.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills, necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students.
- Excellent sport specific technical, tactical and strategic knowledge.
- Racquet stringing experience, helpful.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Social media experience, helpful.
- Prior experience with PlaySight or similar software, helpful.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game, and the ability to coach and motivate.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
To View More Details and To Apply, please use this link to the position on Brown’s Career Site: https://brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/staff-careers-brown/job/Pizzitola/Assistant-Coach–Women-s-Tennis_REQ163537