Located in world-class Austin, Texas, Concordia University Texas (D-III) is looking for its next outstanding graduate assistant. Last year, our men won our first regular-season conference title, had our first All-American, and got our first mention in the national rankings, and we are looking for someone excited to continue building two championship-level programs in our beautiful city. We consider the strengths of our program to be 1) the quality of the relationships between our players, and 2) our emphasis on player development.
The selected applicant will have the opportunity to function in the role of assistant coach and get hands-on experience in virtually every component of college coaching.
The successful applicant must be admitted to a program in Concordia University’s Graduate School and be prepared to begin working no later than August 2020. Compensation includes tuition remission; $1000 stipend per semester (Fall, Spring, Summer); and a partial meal plan. Graduate assistants are responsible for covering living expenses, books, and a health insurance plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative duties
- Assisting head coach with player development
- Running practices occasionally
- Travel – must be comfortable driving a passenger van
- Assisting with all other aspects of a competitive Division III tennis program.
- Bachelor’s degree; playing experience at the college level; administrative capabilities; ability to plan and conduct productive tennis practices; positive attitude; willingness to learn; capability to represent the university in a positive light; flexibility with hours; valid driver’s license.
Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to play competitively with the teams; instructional ability concerning technique and strategy; stringing racquets; previous knowledge of fitness/physical training.
- Interest in a career in college coaching or related tennis field.
Interested applicants should email a resume and a brief description of their coaching philosophy (or description of their best coach) to [email protected].