The part-time Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach by providing effective leadership and day-to-day administration for the sport while fostering skill development and teamwork among student-athletes.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing instruction, mentoring and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential
- Assisting the Head Coach in evaluating athletic ability and performance
- Aiding in scheduling and organizing matches and providing coaching during these matches
- Assuring that equipment and practice plans are prepared in advance of practice sessions
- Assisting in making travel, meal and lodging arrangements for team members during ‘away’ matches
- Coordinating practice schedules as requested
- Helping the Head Coach in the recruitment of new student-athletes by identifying and maintaining contact with promising student-athletes and helping to coordinate recruitment trips
The Assistant Coach must have a thorough knowledge and conscientious adherence to the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Title IX and equal opportunity regulations, FERPA, and all applicable College policies and practices.
Regular attendance at matches, practices, and meetings is required.
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least a bachelor’s degree or significant prior experience
- Previous coaching and/or tennis experience
- Superior verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team relationships with diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, public and the media
- Demonstrated commitment to all facets of student athlete welfare including academic success
- Genuine commitment to gender equity and equal opportunity in the athletics and recreation programs and an understanding of the profile of a highly selective liberal arts college
- Availability must include morning or evening practices each week and for matches that would take place during evening and weekend hours
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
If interested, please contact Head Coach Scott Howard by email at firstname.lastname@example.org