Updated: 3/30/2020 at 3:45pm PT
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) is closely monitoring the situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its spread. We have been reading guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, listening to such bodies and people as the NCAA and its Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Brian Hainline, as well as paying close attention to the decisions and actions of leading institutions of higher education and athletic conferences.
The ITA remains committed to the health, safety, and welfare of our student-athletes, coaches, and programs, as well as families and fans.
Also, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, we all should:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid being around other people in communities where COVID-19 is spreading
- Cover your mouth and nose when we cough or sneeze
- Stay home if you are sick
- Not panic!
- Use common sense