VCU Athletics is seeking outstanding applicants for Head Women’s Tennis Coach. The position is responsible for the direction and development of a nationally competitive Division I women’s tennis program. Reporting to the Senior Executive Associate AD/SWA and supervising an Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach, the Head Women’s Tennis Coach will oversee the recruitment and training of all student-athletes to prepare them for competition in local, regional and national arenas. The Head Women’s Tennis Coach will also oversee the academic progress of all student-athletes and participate in required fundraising and development activities.
All duties are performed in support of VCU Athletics’ mission to win conference and national championships, provide a first-class student-athlete experience, serve as a source of pride for the University and community and cultivate graduates who excel as leaders.
Minimum hiring standards include:
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Three (3) years’ experience as an NCAA Division I women’s tennis coach;
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as staff member at VCU;
• Demonstrated experience coaching a diverse student-athlete population, especially international student-athletes;
• Knowledge and experience with NCAA Division I rules and regulations; and
• International recruiting contacts.
Preferred hiring standards include:
• An advanced degree, or equivalent work experience;
• Previous head coaching experience; and
• Former student-athlete experience.
For more information, and to apply, visit http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/98936.