Newman University in Wichita, Kansas is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Coach and/or Graduate Assistant for the Newman Tennis Program. Newman University is a member of the NCAA Division 2 and the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) Conference.
The Assistant Coaching position is part-time but can also be in conjunction with graduate school. Newman Master’s Programs are mostly online, so international students would be required to Master in Social Work to fit the criteria for Visa regulations.
- Ability to conduct productive Tennis practices
- Present a positive and professional demeanor at all times
- Commit to upholding the academic and athletic standards and mission of the University
- Flexibility regarding hours
- Assist in recruiting
- Stringing racquets
- Play in practices if a player is absent
- Perform other related duties assigned by the athletic administration
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience playing at the College Tennis level or previous coaching experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to string racquets (or willingness to learn)
Any graduate positions include Room & Board, Tuition and a Semesterly Stipend.
Interested candidates can send their resume to Coach Augspurger at firstname.lastname@example.org.