- Reporting to the Head Coach for Women’s Tennis, the Women’s Tennis Graduate Assistant provides support to the Head Coach in all aspects of academic success, coaching, strength, conditioning, recruiting, planning of practice, organization of team meetings, scheduling and trip management.
- This is a student position open to current UIW graduate students.
- This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Oversee trip management, including driving.
- Assist with fundraising activities.
- Work with campus community and the Athletic Department staff in assisting student-athletes in the registration process who are members of the Tennis programs.
- Assist in practice and match transportation.
- Provide tennis facility support maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or designee.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Good administrative skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High motivation with a capacity for independent work within the context of a goal-oriented environment.
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Display leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Required Education: Current UIW graduate student
Required Work Experience: Tennis coaching and/or intercollegiate competitive experience
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of NCAA rules/regulations; -Coaching experience in a college setting
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations: NCAA certification will be required once hired
Work Hours: Weekday, weeknights and weekends.
Application Link: http://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/14876