The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) is excited to announce that Texas A&M University will serve as the host site for the 2020 Oracle ITA National Summer Championships, Powered by UTR, August 7-11. The event will take place at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center located on the campus of Texas A&M.
We are thrilled to continue to promote tennis as a social distancing sport. Texas A&M University will be following and adhering to College Station, Texas and university safety policies and guidelines. Please refer to the tournament event site for all safe play guidelines that Texas A&M University will be implementing during the championship.
Registration for this singles only tournament is currently open and will run through Monday, July 27th. All participants must be a current ITA Summer Playing Member to compete in the National Summer Championships. To purchase an ITA Summer Playing Membership ($30), please click here.
Selections into the main and qualifying draws will be based solely on UTR. Registration is not first come, first serve like regular summer circuit events. You also do not have to compete in regular summer circuit tournaments in order to compete in the championship. Registration will close on Monday, July 27th and selections will be announced on Wednesday, July 29th.
Oracle and the ITA are once again partnering to offer prize money. The total prize money purse of $15,000 will be split evenly between genders. The distribution amounts are as follows:
- Main Draw Singles: Champion ($2,500); Finalist ($1,250); Semifinalists ($625); Quarterfinalists ($312.60); Round of 16 ($156.25)
Oracle ITA National Summer Championships Powered by UTR Schedule
- Friday, August 7th Men’s & Women’s Singles Qualifying (32 draw – Maximum of 2 rounds – with a one match back draw)
- Saturday, August 8th – Tuesday, August 11th Men’s & Women’s Singles Main Draw (64 draw with a one match back draw)
Men’s & Women’s Singles Main Draw (64) (Announced on Wednesday July 29th)
- 54 – Automatic Selections based on UTR at registration close
- 2 – Texas A&M Wild Cards
- 8 – Qualifiers
Men’s & Women’s Singles Qualifying Draw (32) (Announced on Wednesday, July 29th)
- 31 – Automatic Selections based on UTR at registration close
- 1 – Texas A&M Wild Card