The Territory Specialist manages the sales effort for a defined territory to achieve and exceed revenue targets and market share growth objectives. The Territory Specialist is also responsible for activities that accelerate sell through and increase market share in racquet specialty and key account retail stores.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive sales and market share growth with a defined list of Racquet Sport accounts
- Drive w.com/D2C sales through on site selling with sales targets
- Develop Team Shop distribution with sales targets
- Bring to life consumer events & programs that deliver WOW experiences while providing consumer trials, educational clinics, and other marketing initiatives
- Increase consumers and customers knowledge and passion about Wilson racquet sports products, technologies and marketing initiatives
- Deliver passionate presentations that train and elevate staff engagement while creating loyal in-store advocates for our products, programs and consumer initiatives
- Implement product launches, seeding programs and promote sales contests
- Act and be the Wilson tennis expert in collaboration with the designated RAM in the region
- Be a teammate to the sales, commercial and marketing departments by closely communicating and collaborating
- Identify local key influencers and top junior player to represent Wilson.
- Record, report, and measure your required activities biweekly to the Market Manager to help measure ROI
- Driven to and rewarded by increasing sell through of key premium performance products at the targeted accounts to their consumers
- Collaborate with RAM on area Trade Show events
- Organized to maintain territory calendar tracking in-store activities, clinics, and consumer events
- Desire to spend 75% of your time in the field, on the road, at events or in-store sharing your passion
- Manage WAS/USPTA ambassadors
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1-3 years working in Tennis Specialty Stores
- B.S. or B.A. In Business, Marketing or Sales or related field
- Basic understanding of retail math and visual merchandising and/or buying
- Must be an avid tennis player with collegiate varsity level skills
- Racquet Stringing proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and computer skills a must
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Presenting: Is articulate & effective in describing Wilson racquet sports products and offering. Is clear and direct in providing direction, encouragement, or feedback towards KOTF, Ad Staff, Consumers
- Visual Merchandising: Understand the principles of visual merchandising to appropriately brief the visual merchandiser
- Customer value orientation: Exemplifies importance of creating value for customers and orients coaching discussions accordingly
- Influencing: Coaches retail and advisory staff to become ambassadors for our brands. Motivates and provides retail floor staff with development opportunities and coaching
- Relationships: Be a self-starter when it comes to building great relationships with Sales Reps, Customers, Clients, Staff and KOTF
- Driving: Must have valid driver’s license and show proof of driving record upon request
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk. The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop, crouch, twist and lift up to 75 pounds, with or without accommodations.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Posting: https://careers-wilson.icims.com/jobs/1928/territory-specialist%2c-racquet-sports-%28virginia%29/job?mobile=false&width=1028&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-420