The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is proud to announce the 2020 Division I Women ITA Scholar-Athletes and All-Academic Teams. Academia is a key aspect of the college tennis experience. Collegiate tennis players add to the rich intellectual community found on college campuses across the nation.
Our student-athletes continue to exceed expectations in the classroom and on the court. In 2020, 1430 Division I Women student-athletes were named an ITA Scholar-Athlete and 244 women’s tennis programs were awarded the All-Academic Team distinction.
To be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year
Thats my daughter Astrid Wanja from Norway in the image! We are so proud of her academic and tennis results at Pepperdine University!