The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Marketing and Communications Intern position who will gain practical experience in the sports industry.
Reporting directly to our Chief Digital Officer, the ITA Marketing and Communications Intern will assist in some of the following areas of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association:
- Assisting and creating multi-platform content to deliver the ITA story to the nation and the world.
- Collaborate with our team to create ideas for compelling stories of student-athletes, coaches, and more.
Graphic Design & Video
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Perform independently and collaboratively in all facets of production, specifically shooting, producing, and editing short and long-form content for digital platforms
- Collate, verify the accuracy, and sort both external and internal information to prepare for feature college tennis stories.
- Prepare record books and archive details for various awards, rankings, and championship results.
- Assist in the implementation of team-related content for the ITA website
- Database management
- Spring & Academic Awards
- Assist with generating new ideas for the student-athlete experience and governance
- Tagging content (written, photo and video)
- Officials (PowerPoint presentations, list sorting, etc.)
- Attend ITA Staff meetings (if available)
- The ITA headquarters is in Tempe, Arizona, but the position will be remote
- Employee will not be eligible for benefits
- Experience with Google G Suite applications (G Drive, Google Docs & Sheets)
- Applicant should be energetic, detail-oriented, possess the ability and dedication to complete assigned projects in a timely manner, can work in high-pressure situations, and possess good interpersonal skills
- Sports background and interest in tennis is preferred
Please send a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to Rachel Dagen, Director of Special Projects at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Date: October 1, 2020
Application deadline: Open until filled