Execution of strategic objectives of the Player ID and Development / Junior Tennis Team.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Manage Team USA Camp structure from Section to Regional and National Camps (U14 for Girls, U15 for Boys).
- Build, develop and manage relationships with internal departments via cross-functional collaboration (including PD, The USTA Foundation (Excellence Teams) and Youth Competition).
- Build, develop and manage relationships with the sections, specifically the PD managers and ED’s via communication plans, camp structure and selection, and partnerships reports.
- Continue to develop strong relationships with external stakeholders including Private Sector, Faculty Coaches, Coaches Commissions, RTC’s and Host Sites.
- Leverage Team USA Network and Camp Structure for Coaching Education in alignment with USTA U and Certification Pathway
- Coaching and Performance:
- Linking with Performance Team to effectively implement Athletic Development, Mental Skills and Strength & Conditioning for our top NPI’s, as well as embed Athletic Development warm-ups into camps and coaching workshops.
- Ensure that all camps and Coaching Ed offerings reflect USTA PD Teaching & Coaching Philosophy and ADM
- Easter Bowl Team USA Awards – Event to be ran by Player ID in collaboration with Coaching Education Department.
- PD Managers Meeting
- US Open Coaches Symposium – Partnership with Coaching Education and Sport Science department
- NJTL Excellence Team Opportunities – DC Cup, June Playoff Camp, US Open activation, 15-18 Camp and Pre-Orange Bowl Camp.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 8 or more years of tennis coaching experience required.
- Extensive understanding and working experience with USTA Volunteers and Staff.
- Computer literacy required. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- High Level of organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of the USTA Player Development team.