Purpose of Fellowship is to:
- Provide hands on opportunity to young next generation of strength and conditioning professionals in high performance and tennis specific strength and conditioning.
- Train the next generation of leaders in strength and conditioning specialized in tennis athletes and player development.
- Opportunity for independent research in a current topic in strength & conditioning, player development, coaching or related topic
- Mentoring by USTA PD Strength and Conditioning staff
- Hands on opportunity helping to run testing, setting up training sessions, and working special projects to further their knowledge.
- Hands on opportunity to apply and conduct tennis specific strength and conditioning sessions to players who train at the National Campus as a supervised coaching role
- Online seminars, workshops, and skills training to develop the frameworks of coaching competitive youth and professional tennis players
- Completion of Coach Youth Tennis course
- Completion of USTA Player Development Coaching Philosophy Course
- Completion of USTA Sport Science course
- Completion of USTA High Performance Coaching Program
- Completion of iTPA CTPS (Certified Tennis Performance Specialist) program
- Professional engagement with mental skills specialists and national level performance coaches
- Skills development in leadership, player relations and media relations
- Additional on-site development opportunities at other USTAPD training centers as well as regional centers
Fellowship will last approximately 18 weeks starting February 2021
Travel to Training Centers in Carson, CA and Regional Training Centers as well as various tournaments
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field (degree earned in last five years) OR Graduate student in Exercise science or related field
- CSCS Certification
- Fellowships are based at the Home of American Tennis in Orlando, FL. Housing expenses are not provided.
- Portions of the Fellowship Program may be completed virtually.
- Fellow should maintain a high level of personal fitness and professionalism
- Fellow should be able to provide references upon request
- Fellows must be US citizens or individuals lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence