Facilitate coaching and training programs to assist in the development of our best prospects at the USTA Training Center – West as well as at other locations.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Work with players throughout the year to enhance the player’s competitive and training environment.
- Participate in on court training sessions at the USTA Training Center – West, competitive events or other assigned locations under the direction of the lead national coaches at USTA Training Center-West.
- Assist in organizing the daily program at the USTA Training Center – West.
- Facilitate the interaction among players at the training facilities and competitive events.
- Work under the guidance of the USTA Lead National Coaches in performing daily responsibilities such as assigning players to groups, keeping attendance, etc.
- Work with the Manager of USTA Training Center – West to assistant with the implementation of programs and providing feedback of overall program.
- Job duties include mostly on court responsibilities and some administrative responsibilities, such as evaluations, inputting practices plans into AMS, etc.
- Work with the existing academies and private coaches to help build relationships as well as helping the players maximize their potential.
- Some weekend work required.
- Extensive tennis background including, but not limited to, experience as either:
- An active player on the professional tour, or.
- An active coach with a documented record of success with players aged 8-14.
- Ability to train on a part-time basis on court with high level players that are a part of the program.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with and effectively manage relationships with players, their parents, coaches and the tennis community as a whole.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Must sign and adhere to the USTA Code of Ethics.
- College degree preferred.
- Able to provide references upon request.