Administer a comprehensive tennis-specific strength and conditioning program for USTA Player Development athletes. This position will work with other performance team members to test, train and track elite level tennis players.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, Athletic Trainers, Strength and Conditioning Coaches, Heads of Men’s and Women’s Tennis, and National Coaches to develop and administer performance enhancement and injury prevention programs and educational materials for elite players and coaches.
- Make frequent contact with elite prospects and coaches to ensure implementation of and adherence to training programs.
- Work extensively with professional players and other elite high performance tennis players at USTA Training Centers and at tournaments (nationally and internationally).
- Administer and coordinate under the direction of the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach and Director of Performance, USTA testing, training and tracking protocols for players who train at the USTA Training Centers.
- Work closely with the Coaching Education & Performance team in both the development of educational materials for strength training & conditioning, injury prevention and assisting in the High Performance Coaching Program (HPCP) as required.
- Make presentations at appropriate events including High Performance Coaching Programs to help educate coaches, players and parents in the sport sciences.
- Represent the USTA at meetings and conferences, such as NSCA, ITF, USOPC, USPTA, PTR, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Sport Science or related area.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
- Extensive knowledge of growth and developmental issues involving players that are pre-puberty, in puberty and young adults.
- Job requires ability to present/demonstrate exercises in weight room and on the tennis court.
- Knowledge of elite athletes with specific understanding of tennis movements/injury patterns.
- 3 + years of full-time experience working with elite level athletes.
- Master’s Degree in Sport Science or related area.