This full-time D3 Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach by providing effective leadership and day-to-day administration for both teams. This is a full time position including a $1200/month stipend along with housing and meals, and will begin January of 2021.
- Recruit and evaluate junior tennis players
- Will travel regionally to tournaments and academies to scout recruits
- Provide on court coaching of athlete skill development;
- Assist in the planning of practice sessions;
- Help coordinate team travel and logistics, including vehicles, lodging, and meals;
- Assist in scouting opponents;
- Maintain parent and alumnae communication;
- Will work 30 hours per week.
- Assist with court and equipment maintenance
- Accept additional duties assigned by the Athletics Director and Head Coach.
- Comply with all NCAA Division III, Southern Athletic Association (SAA), and Millsaps College guidelines;
- Partner with the Department of Athletics and Division of Student Life to find new and exciting ways to energize the scholastics-sports environment at Millsaps College;
- Accept game-day administrator obligations each semester, if necessary;
- Participate in various other areas of interest for the College, Student Life, and Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- College varsity coaching experience or related experience preferred
- The desire to continue fostering a strong academic and athletic program through creative and educational means.
- Must be organized and a self-starter. Will be given several tasks to help gain experience in the coaching world.
Please send resume, Cover letter and three references to Davis Elkins at firstname.lastname@example.org