Orlando, FL, US
This is a part time hourly position designed to fulfill the needs of the campus program teaching demands.
The Part Time Tennis Teaching Professional will:
- Plan, organize and implement high quality lessons, clinics, camps, courses, drop ins, and other tennis programs.
- Establish a fun, energetic and engaged on court experience for all players.
- Work with the Director of Tennis and Head Professionals to identify areas of growth, options for increased revenue, or issues that need resolution.
- Use self-promotion and networking to increase client engagement.
- Teach clinics, group lessons, private lessons, organize round robins, and assist with any programs, events, or intern training as needed.
- Assist with promotion of programs.
- Teach in camps including summer camps.
- Assist with tennis events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Available to work a full schedule year round, including weekends
- USPTA Certified (or willing to become and maintain USPTA certification)
- Strong playing skills, 4.0+ rating preferred
- Organized, highly motivated, prompt, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Proficient computer skills and willingness to use IT
- A customer focused attitude, and a passion for working with people
- Willing to align with the USTA National Campus Teaching Philosophy
- Ability to attract clients and build a teaching portfolio with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attend professional development trainings & meetings
- Willing to receive CPR, AED certifications and undergo a background check
Junior and Adult Teaching:
- Prior experience in R-O-G-Y tennis methodology preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of settings such as summer camp, instructional clinics and with children of all ages
- Comfortable working with 4-6 players in a group clinic format
- Ability to run dynamic drop-in tennis sessions with up to 8 players
- Experience training USTA players and teams
- Knowledge of running tournaments and member events a plus