JTCC (Junior Tennis Champions Center) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides tennis programs for all ages and abilities in the Washington, DC region. Through our high performance program based in College Park, student-athletes learn valuable life skills and train full time with the goal of achieving a college tennis scholarship. Our Community Outreach initiative provides free tennis instruction and academic enrichment for youth in underserved areas of Washington, DC and Prince George’s County, MD. We also have a fully developed adult tennis pathway that includes a unique beginner program designed to grow the base of the sport. In 2008, JTCC was selected by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) as the first Regional Training Center, and subsequently named the USTA Developmental Program of the Year in 2013 and 2017.
JTCC is looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for working in the tennis industry to take a leading role in a wide range of initiatives to move the organization forward. Responsibilities include:
• Annual Charitable Fundraising: JTCC’s key donors include private individuals, government entities, foundations and corporate sponsors. The Director of Development will work closely with the CEO to maximize charitable giving through donor engagement, foundation grant writing, and overseeing campaigns such as End of Year giving.
• Capital Campaign: JTCC’s Capital Campaign will raise four million dollars for expansion at College Park and building of a new facility in Northern Virginia. The Director of Development will play a key role in prospect research and solicitation to meet this goal.
• Annual GEICO Champions Celebration Gala: JTCC’s annual Gala is a unique event that honors special individuals who have contributed to tennis. The Director of Development will oversee this event which has honored individuals such as Chris Evert, Bill Ackman, Congresswoman Jane Harman, and ESPN’s Michael Wilbon.
• Annual US Open Fundraiser: JTCC sells a large number of courtside box seats to generate funds. The Director of Development will be responsible for managing this fundraiser by working directly with key private clients, donors, and organizations.
• Board liaison:
o JTCC’s Advisory Board plays a significant role in fundraising strategy, and the Director of Development is JTCC’s liaison with the CEO to execute networking and fundraising events.
o JTCC’s Board of Directors is the governing body and the Director of Development is the liaison with the CEO.
• Community Outreach Development: Fundraise for JTCC’s Community Outreach programming which provides thousands of children free programming every year, along with scaling JTCC’s activities across new sites and overseeing research to showcase the impact of academic/tennis engagement classes for young children.
• 6+ years of related work experience
• Proficient in fundraising and donor relations
• Strong writing skills with the ability to vary style depending on the audience • Grant writing experience is desirable
• Ambitious with a committed work ethic
• Proficient in team building
• Organization and attention to detail
• Outgoing personality, a ‘people person’
• Approaches every challenge with a ‘can do’ attitude – no task is too big or too small
• Appreciates the power of sports to make a positive impact on youth and adults
• Cause driven who is relentless and persistent about leading a charitable mission
• Has a strong sense of teamwork
• Position reports directly to the CEO
• Manage a team of four staff members
• Opportunity to start immediately
• Employment Location – College Park, Maryland
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program
• Short/long term disability, matching 401k, and a complimentary club membership
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Ray Benton, CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org