Sir Richard Branson’s private island and home, Necker, in the British Virgin Islands, is unquestionably the most idyllic place in the Caribbean. Necker Island is 74 acres, fringed with white sandy beaches and surrounded by turquoise waters and coral reefs. Necker Island is normally hired exclusively for 30- 40 resident guests, with the option to accommodate more, on an all-inclusive basis, perfect for special occasions and events! It can also be shared with others ‘house-party’ style during Celebration Weeks which are held several times each year, when guests can book individual rooms. Accommodation comes in the form of twelve rooms in the Great House, six individual Balinese style cottages and two rooms in Temple House. The property can also be rented for large events and weddings of over 200 people and has a wonderful array of rare wildlife which we are helping to flourish!
Guests on Necker are encouraged to view the island as their home. The island provides extensive water sports activities as well as tennis courts with resident coach, gym and an outstanding spa.
The Branson family’s new residence (The Villa), on the eastern side of the property has recently been constructed. It opened in 2020 and is their private residence.
In 2017 Necker Island was devastated by hurricane Irma. It was re-opened (bigger and better!) in October 2018 and has now completed a major re-development phase. As a result, the property in an exceptionally strong position of having new, beautiful, world leading facilities covering both the front and back of house areas.
Necker Island is a fast paced, customised experience that is in high demand. One week rarely looks like the next as we go from family reunions, to weddings, conferences, summer holidays, tennis weeks, kitesurfing weeks and much more. The magic of the experience holding them together and the interaction with an outstanding team remain as the common thread between all these occasions!
Moskito Island (your neighbour)
Moskito Island is a 125-acre private island, in the beautiful British Virgin Islands, unquestionably the most idyllic community of homeowners in the Caribbean. Surrounded by turquoise waters, coral reefs and fringed by white sandy beaches, the new development consists of 10 exclusive three-acre lots, which have been sold as freehold. Additionally, a communal recreational area has been developed for the homeowners which consists of a Clubhouse with pool, pool bar and kitchen area that serves 3 exclusive dining pavilions plus 2 tennis courts, gym and tennis pavilion, a fully furnished water sports facility and welcome and arrival docks and pavilions for the home owners. These communal areas are occasionally used for functions and gatherings.
The island has a fully independent infrastructure, including water & power production. These services are centrally managed and sold back to the Lots.
Three of the ten Estates are already completed and a further three will be completing before the end of 2020. The Homeowners have the option to rent their villas and the island team will manage that process. A seventh lot is under development and the final three are on the market.
This role reports into the Activities Manager and the Head Tennis Pro.
Here’s what you need to have in your tool kit:
Qualifications / Experience
- A proven track record of success of being able to coach to a high amateur level of tennis
- Knowledge of modern and effective coaching techniques
- Beginner and Child coaching ability
Behaviours / Skills
- Loves tennis and passionate about teaching tennis and getting people into the game
- Able to push Richard with his tennis while equally enthusiastic about getting other guests (adults and children) on court
- A team player who is willing and able to work as part of a broader Activities team
- Strong instruction and coaching skills
- Happy to be hands on
- Passion and pride in their work
- Sense of fun
- Watersports interest and qualifications desirable
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and Safety Boat certificates desirable
- Interest or qualifications in cycling, yoga and personal training
- Easy going and able to integrate into a very compact and tight community on the island
What’s the gig?
Here’s what you’d do:
- The job is six days per week and requires you to be on court at 7 am most mornings and until at least 7.30pm most evenings. Working hours are flexible based on the hours which you are on court, but a normal working day is up to 10 hours
- You would teach tennis to Richard Branson and the guests of Necker Island
- Assist the Head Tennis Coach with looking after the tennis courts and equipment
- Promote and book tennis by meeting the guests
- Participate with the rest of the activities Team running land and water-based sessions for guests and for staff.
Here’s the deal
Package & Benefits
- Minimum 12 month contract (subject to work permit approval)
- Competitive salary
- Share in the island gratuities
- 24 days paid holiday per year (team work 6 days a week) plus public holidays
- Accommodation provided
- Monthly food allowance
- Initial flights from country of residence (and return at end of contract)
- Annual flight allowance
- Medical Cover
- …and the world’s best commute to work!
If interested, contact Safa Ahsaan at Safa.Ahsan@virginlimitededition.com