The Part Time Tennis Professional will teach students in the NTC’s tennis programs of all ages and levels; advocate and implement the USTA Ten-and-Under format; conduct private lessons; be an effective liaison between the NTC and our customers; and potentially work within the organization during the US Open.
- To teach tennis at the National Tennis Center, including all ages and levels of ability.
- Demonstrate playing techniques at the very highest levels of play
- Conduct playing and drilling lessons for all levels of competitive play
- Teach, train, and facilitate play with individuals and teams at all levels of ability
- Provide private instruction and clinics for players as assigned
- Assist with the organization and management of USTA events/tournaments (singles and doubles) as needed
- Implement and utilize player development systems of the Net Generation format when appropriate
- Promotion of the USTA via the dissemination of hospitality, friendliness and goodwill among members and guests.
- US Open duties as assigned
- Strong on-court tennis skills required
- Ability to effectively communicate and teach tennis to all ages and levels.
- Utilize USTA Player Development Philosophy on court and off court
- Able to organize and manage 10-and-under tennis formats for teaching tennis to juniors.
- Certification by USPTA and/or PTR organizations is required.
- Position is considered non-exempt.
- Position is part time
If interested, contact Allison Sakiotis at email@example.com