Northwestern is looking for a person who fits the following description:
- Vibrant, enthusiastic; loves the sport of tennis and loves being active
- A history of competing in the sport, either as a junior or in college
- Good with kids, and with people in general. This position will spend most of the time working with kids, but some time teaching adults.
- Teaching experience is a plus, but not a necessity – we will train. If no teaching experience, must have substantial personal tennis-playing experience.
- Invested in growing the game. We will actively be looking for ways to involve underserved youth in our program and making tennis accessible for them, including working with schools, hosting scholarship classes at NU, and attending community events. We are looking to expose a diverse group of children to the game.
- 20-25 hours guaranteed weekly most of the year. The pro will have the opportunity to work much more if desired and teach many private lessons. Six weeks unpaid vacation time guaranteed if desired.
- USPTA certification: We will pay for the pro to get certified if not already
Pay: $25/hour for assistant duties; $50/hour for lead duties; $55-$80/hour for private lessons. No benefits.
To apply or for more information contact Jennifer Lutgert at email@example.com