Barton College is accepting applications for an Assistant Coach of Men’s & Women’s Tennis, a part-time, staff position with an anticipated start date of August 2021. Barton College Athletics is a member of the Conference Carolinas and competes at the NCAA Division II level.
At a minimum, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of a team that meets departmental roster goal numbers
- Practice and match coaching
- Conducting skill instruction sessions
- Providing leadership to facilitate academic and personal success by the team’s student-athletes
- Performance of other administrative tasks necessary in coaching both teams
- Involvement in the Wilson community with activities, such as team community service work, camps, youth clinics, and promotion of the sport
- Some travel is required
- Coaching or tennis background on the collegiate level
- Candidates who seek collegiate coaching for a career, preferred
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, and AED
- Valid driver’s license required
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate area of specialization, preferred
- Knowledge of NCAA rules & regulations, preferred
Please submit a letter of application, current resume/vita, and contact information for at least three professional references (all should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or email@example.com.