The United States Tennis Association (USTA) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis in the United States. Our mission is to promote the development of tennis as a means of healthful recreation, establish and maintain rules of play, and foster national and international amateur and professional tournaments.
The Part Time High Performance Tennis Professional’s responsibility is to teach students in the NTC’s tennis programs of all ages and levels, with emphasis on the Transition and High Performance Pathways; to advocate and implement the USTA Ten-and-Under format; conduct private lessons; to be an effective liaison between the NTC and our customers; and to potentially work within the organization during the US Open.
- To teach tennis at the National Tennis Center, including all ages and levels of ability.
- Demonstrate playing techniques at the very highest levels of play
- Conduct playing and drilling lessons for all levels of competitive play
- Teach, train, and facilitate play with individuals and teams at all levels of ability
- Provide private instruction and clinics for players as assigned
- Assist with the organization and management of USTA events/tournaments (singles and doubles) as needed
- Implement and utilize player development systems of the Net Generation format when appropriate
- Promotion of the USTA via the dissemination of hospitality, friendliness and goodwill among members and guests.
- US Open duties as assigned
- Strong on-court tennis skills required, former college tennis and/or pro level experienced is desired.
- Ability to regularly play in during drills and points with highly competitive juniors.
- Ability to effectively communicate and teach tennis to all ages and levels.
- Utilize USTA Player Development Philosophy on court and off court
- Able to organize and manage 10-and-under tennis formats for teaching tennis to juniors.
- Certification by USPTA and/or PTR organizations is required.
- Position is considered non-exempt.
- Position is part time
To Apply, contact Allison Sakiotis at firstname.lastname@example.org