This is a full time hourly position designed to fulfill the needs of the campus program teaching demands, new camp business, and organization of tennis professionals and lesson plans.
The Associate Head Professional will:
- Plan, organize and implement high quality lessons, clinics, camps, courses, drop ins, and other tennis programs.
- Establish a fun, energetic and engaged on court experience for all players.
- Work with the Director of Racquet Sports and Head Professionals to identify areas of growth, options for increased revenue, or issues that need resolution.
- Use self promotion and networking to increase client engagement
- Available to work a full schedule year round, including weekends
- USPTA Certified (or willing to become and maintain USPTA certification)
- Strong playing skills, 4.0+ rating preferred
- Organized, highly motivated, prompt, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Proficient computer skills and willingness to use IT
- A customer focused attitude, and a passion for working with people
- Willing to align with and promote the USTA National Campus Teaching Philosophy
- Ability to attract clients and build a teaching portfolio with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attend professional development trainings & meetings
- Willing to receive CPR, AED certifications and undergo a background check
- Able to start something new, grow an existing program, manage other coaches, train and develop other coaches
- Ability to serve as a USTA-U intern and staff professional mentor
Junior and Adult Teaching
- Prior experience in R-O-G-Y tennis methodology preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of settings such as summer camp, instructional clinics and with children of all ages
- Comfortable working with 4-6 players in a group clinic format
- Ability to run dynamic drop-in tennis sessions with up to 8 players
- Experience training USTA players and teams
- Knowledge of running tournaments and member events a plus