Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Men’s Tennis Coach position. Given Amherst’s distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach will report to the Head Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the Program including the recruitment of student-athletes, assisting with daily operations, practice implementation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach and Director of Athletics. Requires a variable schedule; night, weekend work, and overnight travel to away competition will be required. The Assistant Coach takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork
- Analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction
- Assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
- Participate in scouting and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Help monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes’ application process
- Help coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits
- Compliance with College, NESCAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Work with the Head Coach to develop and strengthen team culture and create a diverse and inclusive community
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license to drive college vehicles to team competition when necessary. Requires successful completion of Five College Risk Management driver credentialing program.
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience
- An understanding of the role intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents in the first step of the application process. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.