On a campus without boundaries, the Department of Athletics fosters a Culture of Success through Academic Achievement, Competitive Greatness, Ethical Behavior, Social Responsibility, and Community Engagement that educates and transforms a diverse group of talented student-athletes into future leaders. Georgia State competes with 16 varsity sports, including the state’s third FBS football program at the Division I level in the Sun Belt Conference. Since 2013, Georgia State has won 13 Sun Belt titles. Its student-athletes have been recognized with more than 20 All-America awards and more than 200 all-conference honors to go along with a league-leading Graduation Success Rate. Academically, Georgia State student-athletes have earned at least a cumulative 3.0 grade-point average for 22 consecutive semesters.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking to hire a Women’s Tennis Head Coach who will develop, direct, and manage all aspects of an NCAA Division I Women’s Tennis program to include providing leadership, coaching, training, and development of student-athletes, recruiting, and talent evaluation. Additionally, the Head Coach will monitor student-athlete academic progress and personal development.
The scope of responsibilities will include the following essential duties but is not limited to the following,
- Develop practice and competition schedules; organize and direct student-athletes at competition and practice sessions; coordinate team travel.
- Responsible for budget management of operations, recruiting and student-athlete scholarship budgets; Market and promote activities and public relations and fundraising on behalf of the Women’s Tennis program and the Athletic Department; Supervision of a full-time assistant coach and Graduate Assistant.
- Assisit with court preparation and game set-up; Mmay be required to drive vans for competition.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sr. Associate AD and Athletic Director customary to the position of Head Coach and the operation of the tennis program.
To be fully considered for this position, all candidates at the time of submission, must provide the following documents that clearly provides proof of education and relevant experience,
- A complete and accurate GSU application
- Cover letter
Please note, Georgia State University’s career board updates daily and requisitions are subject to be removed without prior notice or before the posting expires. Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.